If you have experience of mental illness we can help you address issues that may be preventing you from reaching your personal goals
APM delivers Personal Helpers and Mentors (PHaMs) services in Brisbane and Perth.
Funded by the Australian Government, our PHaMs service team works directly with people whose lives are severely affected by mental illness.
We aim to help people overcome social isolation and increase their connections to the community.
What PHaMs does
If you’re aged 16 or over and want practical support to explore your interests, strengths and abilities, we can help.
We help you set personal goals to improve your life and work with you to reach your desired outcomes.
You get a case worker who provides one-on-one support and works with you, your family (if desired), health services and other supports to help you:
- build confidence in your own capabilities
- develop better relationships with family and friends
- manage everyday tasks you may find challenging
- attend appointments and social activities
- get involved in community activities, hobbies and sport
- improve living arrangements
Our role with NDIS
PHaMs is currently transitioning to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The NDIS is the new way of providing support for eligible people with permanent and significant disability, including mental illness (psychosocial disability within the NDIS framework).
The NDIS intends to provide improved independence, community participation and lifetime wellbeing for people with disability and mental illness.
APM is a registered provider with NDIS. We offer services to those individuals who have an NDIS package under the following categories:
- mentoring and peer support
- individual skill development and training
- individual social skills development
- assistance with accommodation and tenancy obligations
- support connection and coordination of supports
If you’re in Brisbane or Perth and want to know more, contact us today.