If you have experience of mental illness we can help you address issues that may be preventing you from reaching your personal goals
APM delivers Personal Helpers and Mentors (PHaMs) services in Brisbane and Perth.
Funded by the Australian Government, our PHaMs service team works directly with people whose lives are severely affected by mental illness.
We aim to help people overcome social isolation and increase their connections to the community.
What PHaMs does
If you’re aged 16 or over and want practical support to explore your interests, strengths and abilities, we can help.
We help you set personal goals to improve your life and work with you to reach your desired outcomes.
You get a case worker who provides one-on-one support and works with you, your family (if desired), health services and other supports to help you:
- build confidence in your own capabilities
- develop better relationships with family and friends
- manage everyday tasks you may find challenging
- attend appointments and social activities
- get involved in community activities, hobbies and sport
- improve living arrangements
Our role with NDIS
PHaMs is currently transitioning to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
APM is not a provider of NDIS supports.
If you’re in Brisbane or Perth and want to know more, contact us today.