Who can join Self-Employment Assistance?
You can register for Self-Employment Assistance if you:
- are at least 15 years of age and eligible to work in Australia to access Exploring Self-Employment Workshops and Training Options
- are at least 18 years of age and eligible to work in Australia to access Small Business Coaching
- are not prohibited by law from working in Australia
- are not an overseas visitor on a working holiday visa or an overseas student studying in Australia
- are available to participate in Self-Employment Assistance training and work full time in the proposed business
- are not an undischarged bankrupt
- have not participated in the Self-Employment Assistance or Small Business Assistance with NEIS in the previous year
Business eligibility criteria
Are you a job seeker and not receiving income support payments?
Even if you’re not receiving income support payments, you can still access the same training and mentoring support to help you grow your own business.
Provided you’re not currently studying full time, you can receive free accredited training in small business and 12 months of business coaching and mentoring.
However, you won’t be eligible to receive ongoing income support through the Self-Employment Allowance.
* Training and assessment is delivered by and under the scope of registration held by Innovative Training & Recruitment Pty Ltd t/a ITR (RTO code 40206). Certificate III in Entrepreneurship and New Business - national course code BSB30220, Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business - national course code BSB40320, Micro Business Skill Set – national course code BSBSS00102, New Business Ventures Skill Set – national course code BSBSS00103, and Small Business Management Skill Set – national course code BSBSS00104