If you have an injury, illness or disability, we can help you find a job
APM is a leading provider of Disability Employment Services in Adelaide
Lives across Adelaide have been changed a lot this year.
But at APM our teams are still committed to finding new opportunities for South Australians who want to work.
This includes helping you overcome the challenge of living with an injury, health condition or disability to find a job that works for you.
We all know businesses that have had to close their doors, but we also know other employers who need to hire people like you as soon as possible.
That’s why we’re still working to help job seekers like you find safe, meaningful and valuable employment to improve your life and support businesses in your community.
We may not be able to meet in person, shake your hand or give you an over-the-top high-five when you succeed.
But we’re still here for you and we’re ready to help you overcome life’s unexpected challenges and celebrate your life-changing win.
Contact your local APM team today and let’s get to work.
IN TWO YEARS
AUSTRALIA’S LARGEST PROVIDER OF DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
PROVEN RECORD OF ASSISTING PEOPLE INTO LONG TERM JOBS
What is Disability Employment Services (DES)?
DES is an initiative by the Australian Government to help people with an injury, illness or disability find and keep a job.
As Australia’s largest DES provider, APM can help you with:
- Managing health issues or barriers to work
- Career advice based on your unique strengths and abilities
- Searching for suitable employment opportunities
- Writing your resume and job applications
- Preparing for job interviews
- Accessing further training to develop workplace skills
We also support people with disabilities to stay in work and perform well in their new job. This may be occasional or ongoing support including workplace modifications.
You can access DES in Adelaide through APM directly or Centrelink can recommend you to a DES provider.
Be sure to ask for APM so that you can get the best support.
With over 40 locations in South Australia, there’s an APM office near you.
Whether you need support to find work or manage in your workplace, we’re here for you.
Is my health condition supported?
Find out if you’re eligible for Disability Employment Services in Adelaide
DES helps people with an injury, health condition or disability.
You don’t need to be diagnosed as having a disability to be eligible for DES.
If you’re living with a short or long term injury, illness or other health condition, you may still be eligible. This includes mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression.
APM has assisted people with a wide range of health conditions to find and maintain a job.
Find out more about the supported conditions, injuries and disabilities.
You may be eligible for DES in Adelaide if you:
- Are living with an injury, illness or disability that affects your ability to work
- Are aged from at least 14 to pension age
- Are at or above the minimum legal working age in your state or territory
- Are able to work at least eight hours per week (with support when required)
- Are an Australian resident
- Receive an income support payment
- Are not studying full time (unless you’re an eligible school leaver)
- Are not working at or above your assessed employment capacity
Everyone who seeks support from DES in South Australia will be assessed by Centrelink to ensure you get the right level of assistance.
Register now to see if you’re eligible.
Managing in the workplace with injury, illness or disability
APM can support you to stay in work and thrive in your role.
If you feel your job might be at risk because of an injury, illness or disability, Work Assist can help you get the support you need.
At APM, we want to see you performing well in your role and feeling confident about managing in the workplace.
We work closely with you and your employer to find solutions and on the job support.
This may include:
- Advice about redesigning your workplace
- Assessing and making changes to your workplace so you can continue to work
- Providing specialised equipment to help you do your job
WorkAssist is government funded, which means you can access these services at no cost to you or your employer.
If you’re worried about losing your job, get in touch with us today to see how we can help.
About to graduate from high school?
See if you’re eligible for School Leaver Employment Services in Adelaide
If you’re living with an injury, illness or disability and want to find work after school, APM can help you work towards your goals and dreams.
If you’re eligible, APM can assist you with:
- Career advice
- Personal job plan
- Access to work experience
- Ongoing support in your new job
We’ll also work with your parents, carers and service providers to make sure you get personal support that’s best for you.
Ready to get going on your path to employment?
Contact us today and let’s get started!
How people have changed their lives through
Disability Employment Services with APM
When a devastating back injury left him unable to work, Jeff soon lost his home, his relationship with his partner and found himself struggling with depression.
But no matter how difficult life got, the 64-year-old former labourer was determined to find work and move forward.
Maddy knows something about overcoming a challenge. Growing up with cerebral palsy, an intellectual disability and epilepsy wasn’t easy.
But when it came to finding a job Maddy and her parents thought they wouldn’t find many opportunities. Then Maddy joined APM.
Caley has plenty of goals he wants to kick.
As a popular member of staff in the Woolworths produce department, Caley says starting his job has got him over his biggest hurdle.
Diagnosed with autism and cerebral palsy, Caley knows all about the challenges of find work he can perform and that he enjoys.
Get started with Disability Employment Services in 4 easy steps
Register with us, and we'll be in touch in the next couple of days to discuss further.
Meet with your dedicated employment consultant, either by phone or video chat.
Your employment journey begins!
What happens when you join APM?
When you join APM, the first thing we'll do is set up a meeting so you can meet your dedicated local employment consultant.
Your employment consultant is your guide to finding a job. Your first meeting meeting with them will cover how APM can help you, and how to get the most from the Disability Employment Services program. They will:
- Explain the services APM provides
- Provide you with a copy of our Service Guarantee and Code of Practice
- Explain your rights and obligations and prepare a job plan outlining the activities and interventions APM can offer to help you get work
- Discuss your injury, health condition, or disability and how it affects your ability to look for a job and stay at work, and how you can be supported to reduce this impact
- Explain how to search for a job and an initial list of appropriate job vacancies
- Discuss local job opportunities and skill shortage areas near you
We work in partnership with you to help you succeed.
Let’s get to work on a clear path to your next job. Register now to get started.
Want to find out more?