Disability Employment Services Canberra
If you’re living with a disability, injury, or health condition, and want to find a job in Canberra
or the ACT, we can help. When you register for Disability Employment Services with APM,
we'll set up your first meeting with an APM consultant to get you started on your journey
If you’re living with a disability, injury, or health condition, we can help you find a job and feel confident in the workplace.
APM is the leading provider of Disability Employment Services in Canberra.
APM is committed to finding life-changing employment opportunities for people across the Australian Capital Territory.
We have seen first hand the benefits that working can bring and we believe everyone has the right to meaningful and valuable work. We know many employers who are looking to hire people like you as soon as possible.
If you’re living with disability, injury, or health condition and want to start working, we’re here for you.
At APM, we focus on you. Your unique skills, strengths and abilities.
Ready to find job opportunities where you’ll thrive? Let’s get to work!
Contact your local APM team today.
What is Disability Employment Services (DES)?
DES is an initiative by the Australian Government to help people with a disability, injury, or health condition find and keep a job.
As Australia’s largest provider of Disability Employment Services, APM can help you find job opportunities that are right for you.
We work closely with you so you feel confident about entering the world of work and overcoming any barriers that are holding you back.
This could include assistance with:
- Managing health issues or barriers to work
- Career advice based on your unique strengths and abilities
- Searching for suitable employment opportunities
- Writing your resume and job applications
- Preparing for job interviews
- Accessing further training to develop workplace skills
Through our Disability Employment Services in Canberra we also provide support so you can stay in work and thrive in your new job.
We have helped thousands of people find a meaningful job and experience the benefits of work through our Disability Employment Services in Canberra.
Ready to get to work? Let’s get started!
Is my health condition supported?
Every week we help thousands of Australians living with a wide range of conditions, injuries and disabilities.
You could be eligible for our Disability Employment Services in Canberra if you:
- living with a disability, injury, or health condition that affects your ability to work
- an Australian resident aged from 14 to the Age Pension age
- at or above the minimum legal working age in your state or territory
- receiving an income support payment, Disability Support Pension, an NDIS participant or an eligible school leaver
- able to work between eight to 30 hours per week (with support when required)
- not studying full time (unless you’re an eligible school leaver)
- not already working at or above your assessed work capacity
You can access APM Disability Employment Services in Canberra through a referral from Centrelink or by registering with us directly. In most cases, Centrelink will carry out an employment assessment to determine the level of support you need.
If you’re eligible they will refer you to a Disability Employment Services provider. Be sure to ask for APM so you get the best support in your job search.
With multiple locations across the ACT, there’s an APM office near you.
Register with us and get started on your employment journey today.
Get the support you need to feel confident in the workplace and do your best work
APM works with you and your employer to find solutions that are right for you.
If you’re worried about keeping your job or managing in the workplace due to disability, injury, or health condition, we are here to help.
Our services include:
- Advice about redesigning your workplace
- Assessing and making changes to your workplace so you can continue to work
- Specialised equipment and technology to help you do your job
- Awareness training on disability, deafness and mental health first aid
You can access workplace support if you are part of our Disability Employment Services Canberra program or if you are eligible for Work Assist.
Work Assist is government funded which means you can access support and workplace modifications at no cost to you or your employer.
Ready to do your best work? Contact us today and let’s get started.
In your final year of school and want to start working?
Get the support you need to chase your employment goals!
Want to earn money and have more independence? Having a job after you graduate can be life changing!
Through our Disability Employment Services program in Canberra, we help school leavers who are living with a health condition or disability to find a job and feel confident at work.
We can help you with:
- Career advice
- Creating a personal job plan
- Managing barriers to employment
- Accessing work experience
- Finding suitable job opportunities
- Ongoing support in your new job
We work closely with you, your parents, carers and any other support providers so you get the personal assistance that you need.
Ready to get to work? Contact us today.
How people have changed their lives through Disability Employment Services with APM
When a devastating back injury left him unable to work, Jeff soon lost his home, his relationship with his partner and found himself struggling with depression.
But no matter how difficult life got, the 64-year-old former labourer was determined to find work and move forward.
Maddy knows something about overcoming a challenge. Growing up with cerebral palsy, an intellectual disability and epilepsy wasn’t easy.
But when it came to finding a job Maddy and her parents thought they wouldn’t find many opportunities. Then Maddy joined APM.
Caley has plenty of goals he wants to kick.
As a popular member of staff in the Woolworths produce department, Caley says starting his job has got him over his biggest hurdle.
Diagnosed with autism and cerebral palsy, Caley knows all about the challenges of find work he can perform and that he enjoys.
Get started with Disability Employment Services in 4 easy steps
What happens when you join APM?
When you join APM, the first thing we'll do is set up a meeting so you can meet your dedicated local employment consultant.
Your employment consultant is your guide to finding a job. Your first meeting meeting with them will cover how APM can help you, and how to get the most from the Disability Employment Services program. They will:
- Explain the services APM provides
- Provide you with a copy of our Service Guarantee and Code of Practice
- Explain your rights and obligations and prepare a job plan outlining the activities and interventions APM can offer to help you get work
- Discuss your disability, injury, or health condition and how it affects your ability to look for a job and stay at work, and how you can be supported to reduce this impact
- Explain how to search for a job and an initial list of appropriate job vacancies
- Discuss local job opportunities and skill shortage areas near you
We work in partnership with you to help you succeed.
Let’s get to work on a clear path to your next job. Register now to get started.