Living with injury, illness or disability?
We can help you find a job.
APM is a leading provider of Disability Employment Services in Brisbane
A lot has changed in our daily lives this year.
But at APM Brisbane we’re still working hard to help people all across Queensland find safe and meaningful work.
Many businesses have had to close doors, but we also know other businesses who are looking to hire people right now.
We’re committed to finding work opportunities and workplace solutions to help you overcome the challenge of living with an injury, health condition or disability.
Ready to get to work but not sure how?
We’re here for you every step of the way. We believe there’s a job out there for everyone and we know how valuable employment can change lives for the better.
Having a job can give you more control of your life, help you connect with others and improve your health and wellbeing.
Whatever unexpected challenges you’ve had to face this year, we’re ready to help you overcome them and celebrate your life-changing win.
Contact your local APM team in Queensland today and let’s get to work.
ASSISTED 1 MILLION PEOPLE WITH INJURY, ILLNESS OR DISABILITY
AUSTRALIA’S LARGEST PROVIDER OF DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
PROVEN RECORD OF
ASSISTING PEOPLE INTO
LONG TERM JOBS
What is Disability Employment Services (DES)?
DES is an initiative by the Australian Government to help people with an injury, illness or disability find and keep a job.
As Australia’s largest DES provider, APM can help you prepare for and find a job.
This could include assisting you with:
- Managing health issues or barriers to work
- Career advice based on your unique strengths and abilities
- Searching for suitable employment opportunities
- Writing your resume and job applications
- Preparing for job interviews
- Accessing further training to develop workplace skills
We also support people with disability to stay in work and perform well in their new job.
This may be occasional or ongoing support including workplace modifications.
Whether you need support to find work or manage in your workplace, we’re here for you.
With 90 locations across Queensland, there’s an APM office near you.
How can I access Disability Employment Services in Brisbane?
You may be eligible for our DES Brisbane program if you:
- Are living with an injury, illness or disability that affects your ability to work
- Are aged at least 14 to 65
- Are at or above the minimum legal working age in your state or territory
- Are able to work at least eight hours per week (with support when required)
- Are an Australian resident
- Receive an income support payment
- Are not studying full time (unless you’re an eligible school leaver)
- Are not working at or above your assessed employment capacity
We have helped people with a wide range of supported conditions, injuries and disabilities.
You can access APM Disability Employment Services through a referral from Centrelink or by registering with us directly.
At Centrelink, they will carry out an employment assessment for you. If you are eligible, they will refer you to a Disability Employment Services provider. Be sure to ask for AMP so you get the best support when looking for a job.
Ready to get moving on your journey to employment? Register with us today and let’s go!
Worried about keeping your job because of injury, illness or disability?
APM can support you to stay in work and manage the workplace with confidence.
We’re here for you and we’re ready to help you overcome the challenges that the world of work brings.
Whether you’re starting a new job or finding it hard to stay in your current role, we can provide occasional or ongoing support to help you thrive in the workplace.
We work closely with you and your employer to find solutions that make your workplace more accessible and flexible.
This could include:
- Advice about redesigning your workplace
- Assessing and making changes to your workplace so you can continue to work
- Specialised equipment and technology to help you do your job
- Awareness training on disability, deafness and mental health first aid
You can access workplace support if you are:
- Injured at work and need help returning to your job
- Part of our Disability Employment Services Brisbane program
- Eligible for Work Assist
Get in touch with APM today and let’s get to work improving your job and your workplace.
Disability Employment Services for Brisbane school leavers
If you’re in your final year at school with a disability or health condition and want to start working, we’re here to help.
Ready to work towards your goals and dreams? Having a job when you graduate can help you have more independence.
When you register for APM’s Disability Employment Services in Brisbane, we can support you as you start looking for work.
We work closely with you, your parents, carers and any other service providers to make sure you get support that’s best for you.
This could include:
- Career advice
- Personal job plan
- Access to work experience
- Ongoing support in your new job
Ready to transition from school to the world of work?
Get in touch with APM and let’s get started on your exciting adventure to employment.
How people have changed their lives
through Disability Employment Services with APM
When a devastating back injury left him unable to work, Jeff soon lost his home, his relationship with his partner and found himself struggling with depression.
But no matter how difficult life got, the 64-year-old former labourer was determined to find work and move forward.
Maddy knows something about overcoming a challenge. Growing up with cerebral palsy, an intellectual disability and epilepsy wasn’t easy.
But when it came to finding a job Maddy and her parents thought they wouldn’t find many opportunities. Then Maddy joined APM.
Caley has plenty of goals he wants to kick.
As a popular member of staff in the Woolworths produce department, Caley says starting his job has got him over his biggest hurdle.
Diagnosed with autism and cerebral palsy, Caley knows all about the challenges of find work he can perform and that he enjoys.
Get started with Disability Employment Services in 4 easy steps
Register with us, and we'll be in touch in the next couple of days to discuss further.
Meet with your dedicated employment consultant, either by phone or video chat.
Your employment journey begins!
What happens when you join APM?
When you join APM, the first thing we'll do is set up a meeting so you can meet your dedicated local employment consultant.
Your employment consultant is your guide to finding a job. Your first meeting meeting with them will cover how APM can help you, and how to get the most from the Disability Employment Services program. They will:
- Explain the services APM provides
- Provide you with a copy of our Service Guarantee and Code of Practice
- Explain your rights and obligations and prepare a job plan outlining the activities and interventions APM can offer to help you get work
- Discuss your injury, health condition, or disability and how it affects your ability to look for a job and stay at work, and how you can be supported to reduce this impact
- Explain how to search for a job and an initial list of appropriate job vacancies
- Discuss local job opportunities and skill shortage areas near you
We work in partnership with you to help you succeed.
Let’s get to work on a clear path to your next job. Register now to get started.
Want to find out more?