If you're living with an injury, health condition or disability and want to work, APM can help
APM is a leading provider of Disability Employment Services in Melbourne.
For those of us who live in Victoria, life has changed a lot this year.
Many of us have faced unexpected challenges in our personal and work lives.
At APM, we’re still committed to helping Victorians find meaningful work because we know that a job can change a life for the better.
We all know businesses who have had to close doors, but we also know employers who are looking to hire people like you as soon as possible.
Searching for work isn’t always easy. Sometimes a little help is all you need to open up job opportunities and find meaningful work.
If you’re living with injury, illness or disability, we can help you find work opportunities that are right for you. We also offer support so you can thrive in your new job with confidence.
We may not be able to meet in person, shake your hand or give you an over-the-top high-five when you succeed. But we’re still here for you and ready to help you overcome life’s unexpected challenges.
Ready to find a job? Let’s get to work!
Contact your local APM team today.
ASSISTED 2 MILLION PEOPLE WITH INJURY, ILLNESS OR DISABILITY
AUSTRALIA’S LARGEST PROVIDER OF DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
PROVEN RECORD OF
ASSISTING PEOPLE INTO
LONG TERM JOBS
What is Disability Employment Services (DES)?
DES is an initiative by the Australian Government to help people with an injury, illness or disability find and keep a job.
When you register for APM’s Disability Employment Services in Melbourne, you’ll get personal, tailored support to help you find work that is right for you.
This could include help with:
- Managing health issues or barriers to work
- Career advice based on your unique strengths and abilities
- Searching for suitable employment opportunities
- Writing your resume and job applications
- Preparing for job interviews
- Further training to make you more employable
APM also supports people with injury, illness or disability to stay in work and perform well in their job. This may include:
- Workplace modifications so you can continue to work
- Special equipment and technologies to help you do your job
- Information, advice and training to help you succeed in the workplace
We’ve seen thousands of people change their lives and improve their wellbeing through APM’s Disability Employment Services in Melbourne.
With over 100 locations across Victoria, there’s an APM office near you.
Do you need assistance to stay in work because of injury, illness or disability?
APM works with you and your employer to find solutions that help you succeed in your job
At APM, we believe everyone has the right to experience the benefits of working in a supportive environment.
We help people with injury, illness and disability get the support they need to stay in work and feel confident about doing their job.
Whether you need ongoing or occasional support, we work closely with you and your employer to find solutions that are good for everyone. This could include:
- Advice about redesigning your workplace
- Assessing and making changes to your workplace so you can continue to work
- Specialised equipment and technology to help you do your job
- Awareness training on disability, deafness and mental health first aid
You can access workplace support if you are part of our Disability Employment Services Melbourne program or if you are eligible for Work Assist.
Let’s get to work improving your job and your workplace.
Am I eligible for Disability Employment Services in Melbourne?
You may be eligible for our Disability Employment Services program
You may be eligible if you:
- Are living with an injury, illness or disability that affects your ability to work
- Are aged from at least 14 to pension age
- Are at or above the minimum legal working age in your state or territory
- Are able to work at least eight hours per week (with support when required)
- Are an Australian resident
- Receive an income support payment
- Are not studying full time (unless you’re an eligible school leaver)
- Are not working at or above your assessed employment capacity
APM helps people with a wide range of supported conditions, injuries and disabilities.
You can access APM Disability Employment Services in Melbourne through a referral from Centrelink or by registering with us directly.
At Centrelink, they will carry out an employment assessment for you. If you are eligible, they will refer you to a Disability Employment Services provider. Be sure to ask for AMP so you get the best support when looking for a job.
Register with us today to see if you’re eligible.
Are you in your final year of school?
If you’re living with a disability or health condition and want to start working after you graduate, we’re here to help.
Having a job when you graduate can give you more independence and a sense of purpose.
Whatever your job goals and dreams are, we can help you work towards them.
Register for APM’s Disability Employment Services in Melbourne and your Employment Consultant will help you get ready for the world of work.
Your Employment Consultant can help you with:
- Career advice
- Creating a personal job plan
- Access to work experience
- Ongoing support in your new job
We work closely with you, your parents, carers and any other service providers to make sure you get support that’s best for you.
Ready to start chasing your work goals and dreams?
Get in touch with APM today!
How people have changed their lives
through Disability Employment Services with APM
When a devastating back injury left him unable to work, Jeff soon lost his home, his relationship with his partner and found himself struggling with depression.
But no matter how difficult life got, the 64-year-old former labourer was determined to find work and move forward.
Maddy knows something about overcoming a challenge. Growing up with cerebral palsy, an intellectual disability and epilepsy wasn’t easy.
But when it came to finding a job Maddy and her parents thought they wouldn’t find many opportunities. Then Maddy joined APM.
Caley has plenty of goals he wants to kick.
As a popular member of staff in the Woolworths produce department, Caley says starting his job has got him over his biggest hurdle.
Diagnosed with autism and cerebral palsy, Caley knows all about the challenges of find work he can perform and that he enjoys.
Get started with Disability Employment Services in 4 easy steps
Register with us, and we'll be in touch in the next couple of days to discuss further.
Meet with your dedicated employment consultant, either by phone or video chat.
Your employment journey begins!
What happens when you join APM?
When you join APM, the first thing we'll do is set up a meeting so you can meet your dedicated local employment consultant.
Your employment consultant is your guide to finding a job. Your first meeting meeting with them will cover how APM can help you, and how to get the most from the Disability Employment Services program. They will:
- Explain the services APM provides
- Provide you with a copy of our Service Guarantee and Code of Practice
- Explain your rights and obligations and prepare a job plan outlining the activities and interventions APM can offer to help you get work
- Discuss your injury, health condition, or disability and how it affects your ability to look for a job and stay at work, and how you can be supported to reduce this impact
- Explain how to search for a job and an initial list of appropriate job vacancies
- Discuss local job opportunities and skill shortage areas near you
We work in partnership with you to help you succeed.
Let’s get to work on a clear path to your next job. Register now to get started.
Want to find out more?