Are you living with an injury, health condition or disability and want to work? APM can help.
We’re the leading providers of Disability Employment Services in Perth.
A lot of us have had to face unexpected challenges this year.
But at APM, we’re still committed to creating meaningful employment opportunities for people in Perth and across WA.
That includes helping you overcome the challenges of injury, illness or disability to find work and succeed in the workplace.
We all know businesses that have had to close doors, but we also know employers that are looking to hire people like you as soon as possible.
If you’re ready to get to work, we’re here for you.
We’re ready to help you overcome life’s unexpected challenges, find work that’s meaningful and celebrate your life-changing win with you!
Contact your local APM team today and let’s get to work.
ASSISTED 2 MILLION PEOPLE WITH INJURY, ILLNESS OR DISABILITY
AUSTRALIA’S LARGEST PROVIDER OF DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
PROVEN RECORD OF
ASSISTING PEOPLE INTO
LONG TERM JOBS
What is Disability Employment Services (DES)?
DES is an initiative by the Australian Government to help people with injury, illness or disability find and keep a job.
When you register for APM’s Disability Employment Services in Perth, you’ll get personal, tailored support to help you find work that is right for you.
This could include help with:
- Managing health issues or barriers to work
- Career advice based on your unique strengths and abilities
- Searching for suitable employment opportunities
- Writing your resume and job applications
- Preparing for job interviews
- Further training to make you more employable
APM is Australia’s largest provider of Disability Employment Services. With 176 locations across Western Australia, there’s an APM office near you.
Thousands of people have experienced the benefits of work and improved their wellbeing through APM’s Disability Employment Services in Perth.
Register with us today and let’s get started.
Am I eligible for Disability Employment Services in Perth?
Get started on your journey to employment – Find out if you’re eligible for DES today.
APM’s Disability Employment Services support people who are living with an injury, health condition or disability that impacts their ability to find and keep a job.
We have helped thousands of people with a wide range of supported conditions, injuries and disabilities through our Disability Employment Services program. This includes mental health conditions, physical and social disabilities.
You could be eligible for Disability Employment Services in Perth if you:
- Are living with an injury, illness or disability that affects your ability to work
- Are at or above the minimum legal working age in your state or territory
- Are able to work at least eight hours per week (with support when required)
- Are aged from at least 14 to pension age
- Are an Australian resident
- Receive an income support payment
- Are not studying full time (unless you’re an eligible school leaver)
- Are not working at or above your assessed employment capacity
You can access APM Disability Employment Services in Perth by:
- Receiving a referral from Centrelink
- Registering with APM directly
At Centrelink, they will carry out an employment assessment for you. If you are eligible, they will refer you to a Disability Employment Services provider. Be sure to ask for APM so you get the best support when looking for a job.
Register with us today to see if you’re eligible.
Are you worried about your job because of injury, illness or disability?
We work with you and your employer to find solutions so that you can thrive in the workplace.
When you register for APM’s Disability Employment Services in Perth, we won’t just help you find meaningful and valuable work.
We’ll also be there to make your transition into your new job as smooth as possible.
If you are not part of our DES Perth program but are worried about your job due to injury, illness or disability, you could be eligible for Work Assist.
Whether you need ongoing or occasional support, we work closely with you and your employer to find solutions that are good for everyone. This could include:
- Advice about redesigning your workplace
- Assessing and making changes to your workplace so you can continue to work
- Specialised equipment and technology to help you do your job
- Awareness training on disability, deafness and mental health first aid
At APM, we believe everyone has the right to experience the benefits of working in a supportive environment.
Keen to succeed in your job? Contact us today to see how we can help.
Are you in your final year of school and want a job when you graduate?
APM is here to help! Let’s get started chasing your work goals.
If you’re in your final year at school with a disability or health condition and you want to start working, we’re here for you.
When you register with us for Disability Employment Services in Perth, you’ll meet a friendly Employment Consultant who will help you get ready for the world of work.
Your Employment Consultant can help you with:
- Career advice
- Creating a personal job plan
- Access to work experience
- Ongoing support in your new job
Like you, we know that everyone is unique.
That’s why we work closely with you, your parents, carers and any other service providers to make sure you get support that’s best for you.
Ready to get to work? Get in touch with APM today!
How people have changed their lives
through Disability Employment Services with APM
When a devastating back injury left him unable to work, Jeff soon lost his home, his relationship with his partner and found himself struggling with depression.
But no matter how difficult life got, the 64-year-old former labourer was determined to find work and move forward.
Maddy knows something about overcoming a challenge. Growing up with cerebral palsy, an intellectual disability and epilepsy wasn’t easy.
But when it came to finding a job Maddy and her parents thought they wouldn’t find many opportunities. Then Maddy joined APM.
Caley has plenty of goals he wants to kick.
As a popular member of staff in the Woolworths produce department, Caley says starting his job has got him over his biggest hurdle.
Diagnosed with autism and cerebral palsy, Caley knows all about the challenges of find work he can perform and that he enjoys.
Get started with Disability Employment Services in 4 easy steps
Register with us, and we'll be in touch in the next couple of days to discuss further.
Meet with your dedicated employment consultant, either by phone or video chat.
Your employment journey begins!
What happens when you join APM?
When you join APM, the first thing we'll do is set up a meeting so you can meet your dedicated local employment consultant.
Your employment consultant is your guide to finding a job. Your first meeting meeting with them will cover how APM can help you, and how to get the most from the Disability Employment Services program. They will:
- Explain the services APM provides
- Provide you with a copy of our Service Guarantee and Code of Practice
- Explain your rights and obligations and prepare a job plan outlining the activities and interventions APM can offer to help you get work
- Discuss your injury, health condition, or disability and how it affects your ability to look for a job and stay at work, and how you can be supported to reduce this impact
- Explain how to search for a job and an initial list of appropriate job vacancies
- Discuss local job opportunities and skill shortage areas near you
We work in partnership with you to help you succeed.
Let’s get to work on a clear path to your next job. Register now to get started.
Want to find out more?