APM is the largest provider of Disability Employment Services in Australia.
With more than 500 locations across the country we help more people into work than anyone else.
We know how hard it is to find work when you’re facing other challenges. We don’t just want you to find a job, we want to help you change your life for the better.
When you come to APM we get to know you so we can help you get the support that’s right for you.
We help you set realistic goals and keep you focused on finding a job that works for you.
There’s a job out there for you.
Let’s go find it.
Disability Employment Services (DES) is an initiative by the Australian Government to help people with an injury, illness or disability find and keep a job.
This can include helping people to:
- manage health issues that may be making it hard to get work
- identifying their strengths and work capabilities
- developing skills for jobs and being part of a workplace
- succeed when they start a new job with further information and support
APM is Australia’s largest contracted provider of Disability Employment Services and we deliver support programs to eligible people across the country.
You don’t have to have a physical disability to qualify for Disability Employment Services.
If you have a physical or mental health condition that limits your capacity to perform a job, you may be eligible to join the program.
We help thousands of people living with a range of short-term, long-term or permanent health conditions, find work every year.
You may be eligible if you:
- Have a diagnosed injury, illness or disability
- Are aged at least 14 to pension age
- Are at or above the minimum legal working age in your state or territory
- Are able to work at least eight hours per week (with support when required)
- Are an Australian resident
- Receive an income support payment
- Are not studying full time (unless you’re an eligible school leaver)
- Are not working at or above your assessed employment capacity
If you’re unemployed, don’t let a health condition stop you from working.
When you register with APM for Disability Employment Services, we will contact you to confirm your eligibility and invite you for your first appointment.
You will get a local employment consultant who knows the employers, businesses and job opportunities near you.
They will listen to you and build a plan that takes into account your health, personal circumstances, interests and any skills or experience you may have.
Your plan will be unique to you and include steps to help with:
- building your confidence
- writing your resume and job applications
- searching for suitable jobs with potential employers
- preparing for interviews
- access to services to manage health issues or barriers to work
With APM, you get the support, you get the skills and you get the rewards of having a valuable job.
Don’t miss out on a program made just for you, by one of Australia’s best-rated providers.
APM has some of the highest job placement rates in the country.
You can transfer to your nearest APM team in three easy steps:
- Call the National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260
- Ask to transfer to APM
- Accept our invite to your first meeting
Join the thousands of APM job seekers who change their lives every year by finding valuable employment.
APM is Australia's largest provider of Disability Employment Services and we have more than 500 locations nationwide.
You can find your nearest APM team on our find us page.