Finding a job in today's world
when living with an injury,
illness or disability.
If you have an injury, illness or disability, we can help you find a job.
At APM we understand how difficult it can be for many people to find work right now.
As communities everywhere continue to face unexpected challenges, our local Employment Services teams are working harder than ever to help you find and keep a job that works for you.
If you’re eligible we can help connect you with local employers hiring people right now.
Plus, you can get help with:
- Searching for jobs suitable for you
- Writing resumes, cover letters and job applications
- Coaching to perform well in job interviews
- Meeting local employers near you
- Valuable work placement opportunities
- Access to job-specific training
- Help with transport, tools and uniform costs
Free online information session
Unsure about what services are available to help people living with an injury, illness or disability to find a job? Attend a live information session to ask questions and learn:
- How COVID-19 has impacted jobs in Australia
- Benefits of work
- Finding the right job for you
- Tools to support you in your job search
- Support available – about the Disability Employment Service program
The DES information sessions run for 30 minutes via Teams:
- Monday, 22nd February 2021
- 4:30pm AEDT
- Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- 1:30pm AEDT
Register for APM Disability Employment Services
APM is one of Australia's leading providers of Disability Employment Services
Lives across Australia have been changed a lot in the last year.
But at APM our teams are committed to finding new opportunities for people who want to work.
This includes helping you overcome the challenge of living with an injury, health condition or disability to find a job that works for you.
We all know businesses that have had to close their doors, but we also know other employers who need to hire people like you as soon as possible.
That’s why we’re still working to help job seekers like you find safe, meaningful and valuable employment to improve your life and support businesses in your community.
We may not always be able to meet in person, shake your hand or give you an over-the-top high-five when you succeed.
But we’re still here for you and we’re working harder than ever to help you overcome life’s unexpected challenges and celebrate your life-changing win.
Contact your local APM team today and let’s get to work.
How people have changed their lives
through Disability Employment Services with APM
Facing the world of work is daunting for anyone when they finish school and look for their first job.
For Jarryd, and thousands of other young Australians every year, this next step in his life was made even more challenging due to his autism.
Emma knew she would need a flexible employer and a role that would help her continue to manage her health conditions.
Living with a kidney disease alongside anxiety and depression, Emma was eager to find something worth getting out of bed every morning for and something to give her purpose. Then she joined APM, and everything started to change.
Eight years ago, an accident at work in a hospital crushed her left hand, resulting in lasting damage and restricted use of her hand.
In the years that followed, Sharon struggled to find another job where employers would give her a chance.
Then she met the team at APM.
Are you eligible for Disability Employment Services?
You may be eligible for our Disability Employment Services program if you:
- Have a diagnosed injury, illness or disability
- Are aged from at least 14 to pension age
- Are at or above the minimum legal working age in your state or territory
- Are able to work at least eight hours per week (with support when required)
- Are an Australian resident
- Are not studying full time (unless you’re an eligible school leaver)
- Are not working at or above your assessed employment capacity
You can access APM Disability Employment Services through a referral by Centrelink or by registering with us directly.
When you visit Centrelink, they carry out an employment assessment and if you are eligible, they will recommend you to a Disability Employment Services provider. Remember to ask to join APM so you get the best service when searching for employment.
If you’re with another Disability Employment Services provider, but would like to change to APM, contact us and our teams will be happy to speak to you.