Transfer to APM
APM is Australia’s largest Disability Employment Services provider with some of the best job placement rates in the country.
We've helped more than 45,000 people find valuable employment through our program.
If you’re with another provider and want to join APM, you can transfer in just three easy steps:
Call the National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260
Ask to transfer to APM
Accept our invite to your first meeting
Join the thousands of job seekers who change their lives every year by finding valuable employment through APM.
To speak to someone at APM about your transfer, call our friend Customer Service team on 1800 276 276.
Register for APM Disability Employment Services
What happens when you join APM?
When you join APM, the first thing we'll do is set up a meeting so you can meet your dedicated local employment consultant.
Your employment consultant is your guide to finding a job. Your first meeting meeting with them will cover how APM can help you, and how to get the most from the Disability Employment Services program. They will:
- Explain the services APM provides
- Provide you with a copy of our Service Guarantee and Code of Practice
- Explain your rights and obligations and prepare a job plan outlining the activities and interventions APM can offer to help you get work
- Discuss your injury, health condition, or disability and how it affects your ability to look for a job and stay at work, and how you can be supported to reduce this impact
- Explain how to search for a job and an initial list of appropriate job vacancies
- Discuss local job opportunities and skill shortage areas near you
We work in partnership with you to help you succeed.
Let’s get to work on a clear path to your next job. Register now to get started.
Frequently asked questions
APM is the largest provider of Disability Employment Services in Australia.
With more than 400 locations across the country we help more people into work than anyone else.
We know how hard it is to find work when you’re facing other challenges. We don’t just want you to find a job, we want to help you change your life for the better.
When you come to APM we get to know you so we can help you get the support that’s right for you.
We help you set realistic goals and keep you focused on finding a job that works for you.
There’s a job out there for you.
Let’s go find it.
Disability Employment Services (DES) is an initiative by the Australian Government to help people with an injury, illness or disability find and keep a job.
This can include helping people to:
- manage health issues that may be making it hard to get work
- identifying their strengths and work capabilities
- developing skills for jobs and being part of a workplace
- succeed when they start a new job with further information and support
APM is Australia’s largest contracted provider of Disability Employment Services and we deliver support programs to eligible people across the country.
You don’t have to have a physical disability to qualify for Disability Employment Services.
If you have a physical or mental health condition that limits your capacity to perform a job, you may be eligible to join the program.
We help thousands of people living with a range of short-term, long-term or permanent health conditions, find work every year.
You may be eligible if you:
- have a diagnosed injury, illness or disability
- are an Australian resident aged from at least 14 to pension age
- are able to work at least eight hours per week
If you’re unemployed, don’t let a health condition stop you from working.
When you register with APM for Disability Employment Services, we will contact you to confirm your eligibility and invite you for your first appointment.
You will get a local employment consultant who knows the employers, businesses and job opportunities near you.
They will listen to you and build a plan that takes into account your health, personal circumstances, interests and any skills or experience you may have.
Your plan will be unique to you and include steps to help with:
- building your confidence
- writing your resume and job applications
- searching for suitable jobs with potential employers
- preparing for interviews
- access to services to manage health issues or barriers to work
With APM, you get the support, you get the skills and you get the rewards of having a valuable job.
Don’t miss out on a program made just for you, by one of Australia’s best-rated providers.
APM has some of the highest job placement rates in the country.
You can transfer to your nearest APM team in three easy steps:
- Call the National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260
- Ask to transfer to APM
- Accept our invite to your first meeting
Join the thousands of APM job seekers who change their lives every year by finding valuable employment.