Employment support for culturally diverse participants (CaLD)
We understand everyone is different, and in Australia we have a thriving mix of people and cultures from around the world looking to find their best path forward with a good job.
As a Specialist Support provider for Workforce Australia Services, we can help you find a job, prepare for work and access training or learning opportunities to progress to lasting employment.
At APM, our team comes from a range of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. So many of us have a personal understanding of the cultural and systematic barriers that you might face when seeking meaningful and fulfilling work.
In each service, your friendly employment consultant will listen to you, explain our services and tailor your program to suit your individual needs.
Whatever your culture, we want to help you find valuable work and provide support to help you:
- Build your communication skills
- Adjust to new environments
- Make a realistic plan for you to succeed
- Search and apply for suitable work
- Gain new skills, training, and experience
- Become a valuable employee with long-term job prospects
To find out more about the Specialist Support for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse participants, speak to your APM employment consultant or call our Workforce Australia provider team on 1800 276 932 (1800 APM WFA).
We work hard from the start
We team you with an employment consultant to get your job-seeking process started.
They will listen and get to know you and your goals and make a plan for you that looks at the challenges in your search for work.
This will include resources you’ll need to overcome barriers to long-term employment – like connecting you with other services in your community.
They’ll also discuss opportunities with industries and employers in your local community.
Your personal plan to get you into work will also include support to help you with:
- Confidence building
- Writing a winning resume
- Searching for suitable jobs
- Preparing for interviews
- Extra support for health issues or other challenges in your life
We know finding a job may seem difficult, or sometimes even impossible.
As one of Australia’s largest job support providers, we help people from different backgrounds, who face different challenges, into work every day.
And we work with you after you start your new job
We want you to find and keep a job so you can enjoy the benefits of long-term employment.
So when you find a job, we’re here to make sure you make the best possible start with your new employer. We can help you access:
- Language and communication support
- Job-relevant training, licences, or certificates
- Work experience opportunities
- Support for uniforms, tools, or equipment
- Help with travel to and from your workplace
- Mental health and wellbeing support from experienced allied health professionals
Speak to your employment consultant to see if you're eligible for CaLD support.