Live more

Banner feature

APM aged care assessments help make it easier for you to live at home

If you’re an older person living independently at home, you could benefit from a My Aged Care home support assessment.

Our assessment is designed to help you maintain your independence and ensure you receive the right level of support to carry out your daily activities.

To receive an APM assessment you first need to register with My Aged Care. Contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.

You will then be contacted by an approved home support assessment service such as APM. If you have been contacted by APM and need to speak to us again regarding your appointment call 1300 987 945.

APM's aged care home support assessments are funded by the Australian Government.

Our friendly and qualified team of assessors pride themselves on providing timely and effective assessments to support your health and welfare.

Where possible our assessments are conducted in-person, however in certain circumstances such as those related to COVID-19, phone or telehealth assessments may be offered.

Our quality, accuracy and thoroughness is what sets us apart.

When we meet you, our job is to listen, get to know you and understand what you need to stay independent at home.

After the assessment, we may refer you to appropriate local service providers to deliver the support you need.

APM Assessment Services is a member of the Aged & Community Care Providers Association 

My Aged Care is the Australian Government’s service to provide you with the support you need to stay living independently.

It enables you to access a range of support services to meet your needs.

This may include individual services or package of support.

These include:

  • Meals and nutrition services
  • Nursing, physiotherapy and other health care
  • Help with transport
  • Simple home modifications such as hand rails
  • Equipment such as walking frames
  • Household cleaning
  • Personal care such as help getting dressed
  • Support to join social activities

As part of the My Aged Care service, we deliver assessments to help determine which basic support services are right for you.

This support is then delivered at home or in your community by a local provider.

If required, My Aged Care may also refer you for an assessment to access residential care services.

APM is independent from the local providers and from the government. When we assess your needs, your health and safety in your home is our top priority.

How to register for My Aged Care

The first step to register for support services is to contact My Aged Care by calling 1800 200 422.

They will ask you for basic information such as your Medicare number, your pension number and information about your daily routine at home.

The My Aged Care consultant will also confirm if you are eligible for an aged care assessment.

To receive My Aged Care support you need to be at least 65 years old and have difficulty completing some day-to-day tasks. Indigenous community members can receive services from the age of 50.

If you are eligible, you will be referred to an assessment service such as APM. We will then contact you to arrange a time for one of our friendly assessors to visit you and carry out your assessment. We do our best to plan our visit at a time that suits you.

Our qualified assessors spend time getting to know you and discussing the areas of your life you may need support in.

To get started, call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 and ask for an assessment today.

Click here to find out more about what to expect from your aged care assessment.