The APM Communities Online NDIS Plan Implementation Workshop series has been designed to support your understanding of these four key areas:
The information provided in these workshops is relevant to participants that have been linked to APM Communities as their Local Area Coordinator.
If you are not an APM customer we encourage you to connect with either the NDIA or your LAC partner for further support. If you are unsure you can search your suburb on the NDIS website.
Any resources you will need to complete each workshop is outlined before the video, for all of them you may need a pen and paper to capture information and questions you may have.
Any links or further information for your reference will be listed as resources below the video.
An overview of setting up and using the online systems, myGov, the NDIS myplace participant portal and the My Community Directory, to help you understand your plan and to find and manage your community, mainstream and funded supports to achieve your goals.
If you do not have a copy of your plan, completing this workshop will allow you to print a copy from the myplace participant portal for your use in the other workshops.
- A computer, tablet or smartphone to access myGov and the NDIS myplace participant portal.
- If you have not already linked the NDIS to your myGov account - your NDIS activation code – generated within the past 10 days which can be requested by contacting your LAC or the NDIA.
- An internet connection.
1. NDIA Portal user guide – Multiple documents covering key topics (videos also available on YouTube)
2. My Gov website
3. My Gov: Creating an account, instructions, video and transcript
4. NDIS: How to log into the MyPlace Portal video
5. My Community Directory
A front to back overview of the parts of your NDIS plan and their importance in achieving your goals, specifically looking at the hierarchy of informal, community, mainstream and funded supports, flexibility in your plan budgets and how to maximise your outcomes under each of the plan management types.
1. NDIS Participant Booklet 2 and Participant Booklet 3 – Available in easy English, other languages and Braille
2. NDIS: Guide to self-management
3. NDIS: Price guide/support catalogue
4. NDIS: Mainstream Interface factsheets
5. COAG Agreement PDF
- A copy of your NDIS Plan
- NDIS Participant Booklet 3
- Pen and notebook to capture questions and next steps
- Computer, tablet or smart phone to access resources and links to documents
How to find, engage and manage community, mainstream and funded providers using the My Community Directory and Service Agreements.
1. My Community Directory
2. NDIA: Guide to service agreements
3. Sample Service Agreement
4. NDIA: Directly engaging your own staff
1. NDIS: How to review a planning decision
2. NDIS: Change in circumstances
3. NDIS: Feedback and complaints
4. Commonwealth Ombudsman
5. NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
I believe the information provided will assist me to better understand and manage my plan: