Post placement support when you start work
We make your transition into your new role as smooth as possible and help you deal with any problems that might arise early on
Our committed employment consultants spend time helping you settle into your new workplace and assist with any on-the-job training where required.
We'll work with you to develop a support plan which is tailored to your circumstances and the needs of your employer.
We'll support you for the first six months of employment in a manner that best suits you.
Should you require further support beyond the first six months of work, we’ll discuss the available options with you.
Our service is funded by the Australian Government to help you achieve your employment goals.
We aim to help you reach a good level of independence and enjoy a successful, productive life at work, at no cost to you or your employer.
When you need ongoing support
to stay at work
We work with you and your employer to review the support you receive and determine how long you need it
If you need additional assistance when you start work, we can also help with:
- Workplace modifications and special equipment, if required
- Outlining your specific job responsibilities including tasks, procedures and hours
- Creating ordered instructions, checklists or reminders for multiple duties
- Performance appraisals and timetables for skills development
Your support needs will usually gradually change as you become comfortable in your new job.
After 26 weeks we review your employment support needs and discuss your ability to work independently.
If you're in the Disability Employment Services program, your support may continue beyond 26 weeks.
If you feel you need extra support you can contact your APM consultant at any time.
Secure a job and change your life for the better
Having a job is about more than just money. Employment has huge benefits for your health and wellbeing.
The benefits of regular, secure employment to your health are significant.
We see thousands of job seekers with disabilities transform their lives every year by being part of a team, interacting with customers and bringing their own personal qualities to a local business.
When you find the right job, you become a valuable member of your employer's workforce and their customer's community.
Whether you’re at school, unemployed or worried about keeping your current job, our dedicated teams may help you with:
- Searching for a job that’s right for you and finding your career path
- Leveraging your strengths, skills and interests
- Managing health issues that may make it difficult for you to find work
- Tools and guidance to help with your resume and job interviews
- Building your work skills with training or job placements
We work with you to identify your strengths and start you on the path to a better life.
Want to find out more about APM Group?